Hello, wonderfully enthused students! As we approach the incredible pot of gold that Fall Break is for many of us, you may be feeling that Netflix and those really fluffy pillows will be your friends for its duration. But I’d like to propose a different idea. For those of us that are going to stay here on the glorious plains of Oklahoma, there is surprisingly lots to explore and do. So why don’t you and some new friends take a trip and meet the sites and people of Tulsa! Here are some suggestions:
(Look out for Easter Egg links below!)
• There are lots of fun and free events at the downtown Guthrie Green. Check out their website and see the awesome things you can join in on.
• Explore the Linde Oktoberfest, Oct. 19-22 at River West Festival Park and enjoy some German music acts with plenty of food tasting involved.
• The fourth annual Eat Street Tulsa is being held downtown, with over 25 food trucks to choose from. This event will be Oct 14th from 11am to 10pm.
• Explore nearby cities and pitch in for a road trip to a nearby lake or camping grounds!
• And of course, the Hammer Center will be hosting various tournaments, a movie night and much more for your enjoyment, so be sure to participate!
It’s like Dr. Seuss said: “OH! THE PLACES YOU’LL GO! You’ll be on your way up! You’ll be seeing great sights! You’ll join the high fliers who soar to high heights.”
The Hammer Post