‘Tis the season, y’all! We are approaching the two holidays most celebrated in the US of A, Thanksgiving and CHRISTMAS!! And yes, it is because I love CHRISTMAS that I will continually write it in all caps. CHRISTMAS! Just for good measure. Anywho! We all may love a good CHRISTMAS Lighting and CHRISTMAS movie before Thanksgiving here at ORU but for those of us not going back to see family for Thanksgiving, here are some ideas:
• Join a family from your church community! Christians are generous, especially when they don’t want to pack leftovers. Make sure that you see what your church community is doing and do be afraid to serve and jump right into the mix.
• Tag along with your friends! If you’re invited, do not say no! Go and eat some good food and explore another town for Thanksgiving.
• Coordinate with your Resident Advisor and Wing-Backer! Utilize your resources and do not be afraid to ask. If you’re not going home, why not have fun with your floor’s adopted family. Be sure to leave some food for them, too!
• If you are an international student, be sure to keep updated with the International Center. I’m sure they are working rigorously to make sure you have an amazing experience, especially if it’s your first time in the United States.
• Help out at a shelter! What better way to show your Thanksgiving to God than to help those in need. See what non-profits serving the community are doing that day and go volunteer with them.
Hope all this helps! With all our hearts we would like to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving and a Merry, Merry CHRISTMAS from all the staff here at the Hammer Center! Have a wonderful rest of the semester!
The Hammer Post